Driver for Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode tokenring card

Driver for Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode tokenring card

Post by Andy Ma » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Does anybody know where I can get a drive for the Madge Smart 16/4 AT
Plus Ringnode tokenring card ??  I'm using Linux 5.2 and Madge doesn't
offer one for Linux.

Thanks,

-Andy

Post by Ian Wilso » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Does anybody know where I can get a drive for the Madge Smart 16/4 AT
> Plus Ringnode tokenring card ??  I'm using Linux 5.2 and Madge doesn't
> offer one for Linux.

> Thanks,

> -Andy

Oh yes they do ...
   http://www.madge.com
   search
   Linux

download the
Linux driver (easy install) version 2.01 (May 99)  mbin201.tgz (232KB)

This superceded the Alpha drivers (mtok 111) which you used to have to
Email them and ask for.
I had the 111 version running under RedHat 4.2

1. Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode Token Ring card

,

  I am setting up Mandrake 6.0 (which is RedHat 6.0) with the
Madge Smart 16/4 ISA TR card. It fails at initialization during
boot up. The message was initialization delayed, and the
network interface never showed up.

  Is this card supported ? I read some documentation which says linux
kernel does not support DMA TR card. Is this correct ?
This card uses 0xA20, irq 11 and DMA channel 6 and it works
fine under win95.

   Anybody got this card working? I am desperate for an answer.
Any help will be appreciated.

2. Max shared memory identifiers in 5.0

3. Driver for Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode?

4. Linuz RH5.2 Installation problems

5. Driver for Madge - Smart 16/4 AT Plus Ringnode

6. NT in a X window ? possible ?

7. Configure Madge Smart 16/4 Plus Ringnode

8. RAM & performance ...

9. Madge Smart 16/4 PCI Ringnode (Token Ring adapter help)

10. token ring: madge smart 16/4 pcmcia ringnode mk/2

11. Madge Smart 16/4 AT Plus Token Ring card

12. Linux driver for Madge Smart 16/4 AT Ringnode ISA adaptor

13. Madge Smart 16/4 ISA Ringnode in Slackware 3.2