Getting weird message changing init levels --- HELP!

Getting weird message changing init levels --- HELP!

Post by Freedom (Kris Pa » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I am getting this error every time that I switch init levels. It is
annoying when I reboot, but also I can't switch to another init level and
still use the console.

I am running Redhat 3.0.3 on a pentium 75, with kernel 1.3.94.

Any suggestions?

 Apr 25 02:07:21 spacely init: error reading
initrequest Apr 25 01:59:37 spacely last message repeated 13789 times

Kris Pate

1. Errors during init level change -- HELP

I am having a problem when I switch init levels after the computer has
booted up. It boots up fine to which ever run level I make default, but
then if I try to change to a different run level or reboot I get this
error repeated thousands of times:

init: error reading initrequest

This is very annoying and makes it where I must reboot the machine because
the console becomes unavailable due to these thousand messages.

I am running redhat 3.0.3 and I believe this happened when I upgraded my
initscripts to initscripts-2.5-2.i386.rpm. I have looked through these
files but I can not find the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Kris Pate

2. what is unix?

3. how to change the default init level

4. named hosts don't resolve

5. init level 3 and 4 hang on bootup; init 1 works

6. Tape drive compatibility

7. cannot boot, getting init failed message

8. kerberos : I can't kinit at client host

9. X hangs and other machine gets weird messages

10. Weird Ping, weird FTP, weird Telnet... HELP!!!

11. INIT Run-level help

12. Help Requested, Messing with inittab Cant get to correct init level