Help getting on the Net via Lan required

Help getting on the Net via Lan required

Post by Chris Seato » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

    I am a newbie to Linux and use COL 2.2.  I'm trying to get fimilar with linux, but in order to do that I need to be able to get on the net in linux.  This is harder than it sounds (it is to me anyway).  The modem I use to get on the Net it loccated on another win98 system on my home network.  How am I suppost to use it?   I don't even know how to get the Network running right in Linux.  Thanx for any help to me a stupid newbie, who dosen't have much common scence.

Chris Seaton

1. REQ: Help w/ getting on the net via ethernet

I have just set up slakware linux and I ran through all of the
configuration stuff.  I put in my IP, DNS, gateway, and the hostname.
But, when I boot up it gives me a message saying that the network is
unreachable.  I am using an etherexpress card, and I know little on
how to set up Linux...I guess what I am saying is that I do not know
if there was some type of hardware setup where I would setup a driver
or something...If anyone has any suggestions for me please email me at

thanks a lot,
John Craven

2. How do I disable these key sequences?

3. Linux to Net via NT Proxy/LAN??

4. Sed substitution question

5. connecting a LAN via a PPP or SLIP connection to the net?

6. You donot exists

7. Getting my LAN onto the NET!

8. Testing testing

9. getting Lan connected via ppp thru ethernet

10. LAN <--> LAN via ppp - ROUTING PROBLEM

11. Help Required! Connecting from Win95 via Serial

12. Connect via LAN vs. Connect via modem headache

13. WAN via one NIC/LAN via other NIC