98 knocked out my lilo

Post by tyler edward moo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

windows98 knocked out my lilo so I cant acces my Linux partition does
anybody know how to get it back on my MBR?

98 knocked out my lilo

Post by mirce » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> windows98 knocked out my lilo so I cant acces my Linux partition does
> anybody know how to get it back on my MBR?

Use the bootdisk or bootable cdrom that you installed Linux off in the
first place, get into the Linux partition, and rerun lilo. Don't forget
to edit /etc/lilo.conf if you want to be able to boot your newly
installed W98.

MST

1. ==>LILO knocks modem off hook????

Hi all,
        I'm a Linux newbie & have just installed Slackware 2.0.1 from the
InfoMagic CD on my system.  Everything seems to work fine except that when I
boot Linux (either via LILO from /dev/hda1 MBR or from a boot diskette) my
modem mysteriously goes "off the hook" and stays that way playing h*ll with the
phone line.  I smell "IRQ conflict" here but my system config appears to match
the layout from the Serial-HOWTO; for reference I've got the following devices:

        MODEM===>Gateway Telepath on COM1/IRQ-4 (/dev/cua0 to Linux)
        MOUSE===>Logitech Trakman on COM2/IRQ-3 (/dev/cua1 to Linux)

        This is particularly puzzling because it occurs even when LILO boots to
DOS (which I've set as default) and bypasses Linux completely!  If anybody can
shed some light on this I'd sure appreciate it because it's got me mystified!
-then again it don't take much to do that :-)  Thanks in advance!

        -BILL-                  ******************************

                                *    "Knowledge is Good"     *
                                ******************************

2. Syslog.conf questions

3. How to use Lilo in win95 and 98

4. Strange HDD behavior on old PC

5. Newbe: Help getting rid of lilo on 98 disk....

6. Creative AudioPCI 128 - no MIDI

7. Lilo boot sector after Windows 98 installation

8. Modifying the disk layout of AIX 4.3.3

9. LILO and Windows 98

10. Win 98 install wiped LILO- help.

11. PCI UltraSCSI card REQUIRES Sol 2.6 HW 5/98 (not 3/98) ?

12. Windows 98 and LILO

13. Solaris 2.6 3/98 vs 5/98?