Kernel (2.2.9) dos not recognize syjet (/dev/sda1) as a block device

Kernel (2.2.9) dos not recognize syjet (/dev/sda1) as a block device

Post by Alan Fri » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Under kernel 2.0.34 I have been successfully been able to mount
my syjet during the boot process. It is hooked up to an initio
SCSI card. The syjet is configured as /dev/sda1.

With the 2.2.9 kernel the card is recognized as well as the syjet
itself but duing the boot process, the following error message appears:

the kernel does not recognize /dev/sda1 as a block device (maybe insmod driver?)

I'm using the Red Hat 5.1. I have read the documentation and changed
/dev/sda1 to /dev/sda and that did not work.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanx in advance

Alan