Chang I/O Card from 16 bits to 32 bits

Post by Degang » Tue, 04 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hello, everybody. I recently is trying to replace my old ISA card
to a 32 bits local bus card, and I am having a hard time to do that.

My LINUX runs fine with old 16 bit I/O card, but it will not start
if I use this nes card. It give me some information like inode
error(I am not sure exactly what they are).

My question is: If I have a 16 bits I/O, how do I upgrade it
to 32 bits I/O card without reinstall LINUX?

Any help is welcomed.

Degang

1. LinkSys 32 bit verses 16 bit cards

Hi:
   I about to attempt to network Redhat 5.0 and Windows 95.
If anyone is familiar with Linksys 32 bit and 16 bit cards please
help me out. Are the Linux Drivers for the 32 bit cards as stable as the
16 bit drivers ? I'm only networking two PCs at this time so 10mbit
cards are just fine for performance. I have read the FAQ for networking
cards, but I could use some specific advice on Linksys and Linux.
Thanks much for you input.
Brian Laakso

2. Top Floating Point Exception

3. Recommended PCMCIA 16 bit or CardBus 32 bit fax modem card?

4. Has anyone else had their messages cancelled?

5. I need to run 16-bit executable on 32-bit OS

6. CDR linux software?

7. How do I find the version of make on HP

8. SpeedStar64 on 16-bit & 32-bit modes

9. How to run a 16-bit executable on a 32-bit OS?

10. Can't use 16-bit, 32-bit modes

11. DMA : 32-bit physical address -> 16-bit segment/offset

12. mrand48() returning 16-bit longs, instead of 32-bit