Sony VAIO port replicator, travel cradle and palm setup

Sony VAIO port replicator, travel cradle and palm setup

Post by bored by T » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 23:46:03

I have a Sony VAIO Z600Tek running RH 7.2 and Ximian Gnome.
I'm trying to get the Palm to work with Evolution, however, it is unable
to see the Palm using the /dev/pilot device.

My guess is that this is because of 2 things:
1. The Sony uses a port replicator for the serial port I need
2. I am using the handy little travel sync cable (which lacks a cradle
base - very handy for travelling)

Does anyone have a link or an idea of how I might get this working. Very
enthusiastic about the idea of switching out of Win2000 altogether (well,
except for the occasional game of Age of Empires... =} ).

Thanks
Daryl.