SLIP/Dip setup

Post by Jennings H. Jone » Mon, 07 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,
        I'm having some problems setting up my system to dial in to my SLIP
server.  Everything seems to be configured correctly, and the dip script
runs fine, but I can't get the server's IP address.  On login, the
message from the server is:
        "Async interface address is unnumbered (Ethernet0)
         Your IP address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

I've checked all the HOWTO's I can find, but haven't come up with
anything.  If some kind soul can point me in the right direction, I'd
truly appreciate it.  Mail and/or posts are eagerly awaited. :)

  The best drink in the universe is the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster,
  which is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon,
  wrapped around a large gold brick.  --  Douglas Adams, THHGTTG
Jennings H. Jones