Caldera 2.2 and Logitech First Mouse + (w/ Wheel) and MS Wheel Mouse

Caldera 2.2 and Logitech First Mouse + (w/ Wheel) and MS Wheel Mouse

Post by Patrick La » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Sorry that I am posting this question to a few groups.  I need to get the
answer ASAP for a reason ....

I am using Caldera 2.2.  Somehow I can never get the wheel on my Logitech
First Mouse+ to work.  In XF86Setup, I can't find the appropriate driver for
it.  Is there a driver for it at all?  However, choosing MouseManPlus PS/2
seems to allow the mouse to work fine except the wheel is being ignored.

Also, I tried to switch to the MS Wheel mouse (the cheaper one, not
IntelliMouse), and tried to choose IntelliMouse as the driver.  The mouse
behaves like crazy!  Is this not an appropriate driver for it?  Where can I
find a driver for MS Wheel mouse?

Thanks very much in advance.

Patrick.

Caldera 2.2 and Logitech First Mouse + (w/ Wheel) and MS Wheel Mouse

Post by Andre » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have exactly the same problem.

Could anyone with a solution please send it to me as well?

Andrei

Caldera 2.2 and Logitech First Mouse + (w/ Wheel) and MS Wheel Mouse

Post by Nicolas Mailho » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Just look at the 3-button mouse HOWTO, wheel mouse section
(RTFM)

--
Nicolas

Post by Mike Debrecen » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Sorry that I am posting this question to a few groups.  I need to get the
> answer ASAP for a reason ....

> I am using Caldera 2.2.  Somehow I can never get the wheel on my Logitech
> First Mouse+ to work.  In XF86Setup, I can't find the appropriate driver for
> it.  Is there a driver for it at all?  However, choosing MouseManPlus PS/2
> seems to allow the mouse to work fine except the wheel is being ignored.

> Also, I tried to switch to the MS Wheel mouse (the cheaper one, not
> IntelliMouse), and tried to choose IntelliMouse as the driver.  The mouse
> behaves like crazy!  Is this not an appropriate driver for it?  Where can I
> find a driver for MS Wheel mouse?

> Thanks very much in advance.

> Patrick.

Patrick,

I downloaded 'imwheel' from
http://solaris1.mysolution.com/~jcatki/imwheel.  It's pretty decent (it
basically captures the mouse wheel motion and converts it into
keystrokes).

Also, check out your /etc/XF86Config.  Because the mouse wheel maps to
"buttons" 4 and 5, your pointer section in XF86Config should look
something like this:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/psaux"
    Buttons     5
    ZAxisMapping 4 5
Endsection

Comment out any lines for Emulate3Buttons.

I'm using an IBM Scrollpoint mouse, however, this config worked fine
with my MS Wheel mouse (you *might* have to change the protocol to PS/2
if IMPS/2 doesn't work).

Good luck!

- Mike Debreceni

Caldera 2.2 and Logitech First Mouse + (w/ Wheel) and MS Wheel Mouse

Post by Andrew J. Norma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

1. Is a "wheel" mouse possible in RH 5.2 - Logitech First Mouse +

        Through xconf,  I can set it to get 3 buttons. The middle
wheel will grab a slider bar to navigate a window up and down. But is
it possible to get the wheel working?? In windows is great being able
to navigate a web site or window by rolling the wheel up and down.
        Also, is there any way to get speed of the mouse to work
correctly? Those "Fast, Faster, Ultra Fast" settings just don't cut
it. Is it possible to get the mouse speed to work like it does in
windows?

GJ

2. Sendmail: Unsafe Map File

3. Mouse wheel in Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel

4. Big Brother Systems & Network Monitor update

5. Logitech cordless wheel mouse center wheel configuration

6. OpenWindows on XTerminal

7. Help: Need to reduce wheel gain of MS wheel mouse

8. Can Linux do this ? ( Track I/O per process)

9. Logitech Mouse+ (wheel mouse) and X

10. Anyone using Gateway machines w/Wheel Mouse in X get wheel to work?

11. Microsoft wheel mouse wheel button not working.

12. Wheel mouse, wheel does not work

13. Logitech Wheel Mouse (MN M-BD58)