Adding a new disk drive (Help)

Post by Greg Mettla » Fri, 15 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have just added a Syquest EZ135 drive to my secondary controller.
I have two hard drives on the first controller.  Both controllers are
on the motherboard.

At boot-up, the Syquest drive is recognized as hdc1.  However, there
is no /dev/hdc or /dev/hdc1 etc.  How do I get Linux to use this disk?
I would like to be able to use it as a Linux disk as well as a DOS disk
depending on which cartridge is in the drive at the time.

I have looked through some of the HOW-TO's but have not found anything
helpful.  I would appreciate any helpful advice or pointers to the
documentation.

Thanks in advance...................Greg

1. Cannot see all disk size when adding a new drive to Sun Ultra 10 SunOs 4.0

I'm running some old legacy applications on a Sun Ultra 10 (SunOs 4.0).
I cannot upgrade the Solaris version because the server apps won't work
on a new version.

I had a faulty 8GB drive and have replaced it with a Fujitsu 20GB EIDE
drive, but the format command only sees 8GB disk space.

I'm sure its to do with LBA/CHS translation, but have no idea how to fix
it. I'm sure a Solaris upgrade would fix it, but there is now way I can
do that.

Any ideas?

Regards

George

2. DT Message server error on CDE Startup

3. Adding new quorum device, unable to do a new disks probing...

4. Process listening to a port : Perl or C ?

5. Help me in adding new Hard Disk (newbie question)

6. i_size atomic access

7. add new scsi drive to proliant 3000 RH 7.1 - help

8. Mouse not working

9. Need help adding a new SCSI disk...

10. Help please - Adding a new disk partition

11. HELP! New Hard Disk added...

12. HELP: adding new hard drive

13. Adding external disk drive, HELP!