Weird 2.2.1 kernel messages/behavior..

Post by Scott Francis[Mechama » Thu, 04 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Just finished setting up things after an install of 2.2.1 on a Red Hat
5 machine. It seems to work nicely(after I corrected conf.modules, and
got a new version of dhcpcd), however weird things are starting to
happen and I'm wondering if anyone knows what they mean.

On startup, the kernel complains:
Feb  3 11:01:55 sanosuke kernel: rpc.bootparamd forgot to set AF_INET
in udp sendmsg. Fix it!

A bad version of bootparamd?

There's also a bunch of messages in /var/log/messages:

Feb  3 12:21:52 sanosuke -- MARK --

(although these may be some new part of 2.2.1 that I didn't see)

Also, network programs are much slower to open; telnet usually takes a
half second to pop up, but now it takes about 10-15 seconds to come
up. And as well, doing a netstat results in a lot of weird addresses
under Unix domain sockets:
Active UNIX domain sockets (w/o servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path

Any clues? I upgraded all packages/utilities to the level stated in
the Changes file, everything else seems to work perfectly.

Also at #anime/manga, a.f.bgcrisis, or rec.arts.anime.misc.
PlanetShogo is open! http://www.planetshogo.com
Not that you care about this either.
"Silence when you're speaking to me!"  -Leona Ozaki