NEC Superscript 660+ on RHL4.2

Post by John Chun » Sat, 06 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Howdy

Has anyone successfully installed NEC's Superscript660+
laserprinter on a RedHat system (I'm running 4.2, 2.0.30
kernel).

I tried the printer configuration tool in the control-panel
but to no avail, and I've read the Printer/Printing-HOWTO's.
(I have the default ghostscript (3.33 I think) that comes
with the distribution as well as the latest ones (5.03)).

Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated.

John Chung
--
---------------------------

---------------------------

1. Any one use NEC SuperScript 660 or 860 printer with Linux??

Anyone has experience with the NEC SuperScript 660 or 860 printer??

The 660 mode is 6 ppm model and support PCL5 & Postscript 2 language,
but I was told that, it must be run  under Windows 95 only to work with
PS2 language.. I need to verify on this..

The 860 model is a faster one (8 ppm) and supports PCL4 only, it doesn't
support PS2 language.  I want to find out if this model run under
Linux..

Thanks,

Linh C. Nguyen

++++++++++++++++

2. Win95 under DOSEMU

3. NEC Superscript 660

4. tetex, pdftex

5. NEC SuperScript 660 -- Help!!

6. FAQ: Sun Computer Administration Frequently Asked Questions

7. NEC SUPERSCRIPT 660 printer problem !!??

8. HELP: child process catching death of parent

9. Linux / NEC SuperScript 660 problem

10. Host-based Printers (NEC Superscript 660)

11. NEC Superscript 660 Plus printer compatible with Red Hat 6.0?

12. Nec SuperScript 660 HELP!!!!

13. NEC SuperScript 660