PS2 Mouse Won't Work Please Help

Post by sean powe » Wed, 01 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi All:

Can anyone help me get this damn mouse to
work in Linux. I have a Compaq Prolinea 5120
PC with a PS2 Logitech mouse. I set the
XF86Config to Protocol "PS/2" and Device "/dev/ttyS0"
but it doesn't do anything in X or in mouse-test.
I know this has been asked before. Is there a FAQ
somewhere that stores the responses to questions
like this??

Any help would make my New Year much brighter.

Thanks,

Sean

PS2 Mouse Won't Work Please Help

Post by Jurgen Exne » Wed, 01 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi All:

> Can anyone help me get this damn mouse to
> work in Linux. I have a Compaq Prolinea 5120
> PC with a PS2 Logitech mouse. I set the
> XF86Config to Protocol "PS/2" and Device "/dev/ttyS0"

Try device "/dev/psaux"

Quote:> but it doesn't do anything in X or in mouse-test.

--
The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views
and do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation

PS2 Mouse Won't Work Please Help

Post by Tom Gordo » Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Sean,

I have a ps/2 mouse that didn't work at first, either.  I had to comment
out the gpm lines from /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  Then, it worked.

Hope this helps,
Tom

> Hi All:

> Can anyone help me get this damn mouse to
> work in Linux. I have a Compaq Prolinea 5120
> PC with a PS2 Logitech mouse. I set the
> XF86Config to Protocol "PS/2" and Device "/dev/ttyS0"
> but it doesn't do anything in X or in mouse-test.
> I know this has been asked before. Is there a FAQ
> somewhere that stores the responses to questions
> like this??

> Any help would make my New Year much brighter.

> Thanks,

> Sean

PS2 Mouse Won't Work Please Help

Post by Juergen Il » Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: Sean,
:
: I have a ps/2 mouse that didn't work at first, either.  I had to comment
: out the gpm lines from /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  Then, it worked.
:
alternatively you can use gpm in "repeater"-mode ("gpm -R", see manpage for
details). If you do this, you have to use /dev/gpmdata as mouse-device and
MouseSystems as protocol in your XF86Config-file. If you use an old version
of gpm, that doesn't support "-R", you should upgrade to a newer version, or
kill the gpm before you start the X-Server (for example with "gpm -k").
The reason for this is the single-open-limitation for busmouse-devices.

hope, that helps,
cia,