Linux 5.2 CD wont load - please help!

Post by Philip Nizni » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi All,

I am trying to install Redhat Linux 5.2 from CD onto my
computer. It's my own CD and contains the FTP'd i386
directory content. The install program finds the cd, but then it
just hangs with no further activity. This is exactly what happened
when I bought a 5.1 release cd and had to send it back because
I was told the "install bit" was not set. So, do I need to alter
anything
to make the install program read from the CD?

Any help is very, very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Phill

Linux 5.2 CD wont load - please help!

Post by Rod Smi » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:

> Hi All,

> I am trying to install Redhat Linux 5.2 from CD onto my
> computer. It's my own CD and contains the FTP'd i386
> directory content. The install program finds the cd, but then it
> just hangs with no further activity. This is exactly what happened
> when I bought a 5.1 release cd and had to send it back because
> I was told the "install bit" was not set. So, do I need to alter
> anything
> to make the install program read from the CD?

See:

http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith/rhjol.html

--
Rod Smith

http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith
NOTE: Remove the "uce" word from my address to mail me

Linux 5.2 CD wont load - please help!

Post by Philip Nizni » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Thanks Rod, I'll have a look at this.

Regards,
Phill

> [Posted and mailed]

> > Hi All,

> > I am trying to install Redhat Linux 5.2 from CD onto my
> > computer. It's my own CD and contains the FTP'd i386
> > directory content. The install program finds the cd, but then it
> > just hangs with no further activity. This is exactly what happened
> > when I bought a 5.1 release cd and had to send it back because
> > I was told the "install bit" was not set. So, do I need to alter
> > anything
> > to make the install program read from the CD?

> See:

> http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith/rhjol.html

> --
> Rod Smith

> http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith
> NOTE: Remove the "uce" word from my address to mail me

Linux 5.2 CD wont load - please help!

Post by Philip Nizni » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

 http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith/rhjol.html

Thanks Rod, your page contains just the things I needed to know!

Thanks again,
Phill

1. Netscape wont load! please help

I am running linux 1.3.32 and I have been trying to get netscape 2.0
to work on it.  when ever I try to load it, it gives me this error -
bash: can not load binary file (or something like that. ) am loading
this for the first time, am I suppoed to do something, I load it in X
by typing "netscape &" like I should.  it was working but then I
needed some space and it just never loaded after that.  I reinstalled
it so many times, re DLed it ect.. to not avail.  PLEASE HELP
Eaton Jason Blumenstein

Be Strong Be Wrong

2. Problem after Netbooting my MicroVAX!

3. Please help me with my Linux Red Hat 5.2 installation

4. Strange mouse behavior

5. booting diskless SPARCstation off LINUX 5.2 server unsuccessfull, please help

6. How to use my Vdoo and TNT in the RedHat Linux 5.2?

7. Help: First time loading RH 5.2

8. Newbie: Help me juggle two hard drives

9. Redhat 5.2 wont see my Intel 8/16 ethernet card

10. HELP me PLEASE!! - RedHat 5.2 installation problems

11. Please Help , first time installing Redhat 5.2.

12. Please help: client Win98 -> Server RedHat 5.2

13. Can't get FTP/Telnet to work in RH 5.2 -- Please help