Restrict Minicom Users?

Post by Richard Pott » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Thanks to my cable modem, my box is on the net full time.

I've given out a few logins, to friendly Linux people, but I don't think I
need folks telnetting in here and ringing up my phone bills. :-)

The man page talks about /etc/minicom.users. I edited that file, and have
the single line:

rpotter     dfl

The Minicom binary is compiled for /etc/minicom.users. This is *supposed*
to allow only rpotter access. I just checked under some other logins, and
they have access.

What gives?

Regards,
__
<============ LINUX the choice of the GNU generation ===========>
Richard Potter
Kingston, ON  CANADA
** Find me online via:  http://www.cgocable.net/~rpotter **

1. need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users

Friends,
I need to restrict users doing a su to a selected group of users. Like user1
should be able to su to user2 but not user3 and user4.Iam sure one needs to
use sudo to achieve this. Is there any other way other than role based
access control lists and sudo. iam running Solaris 8.0
I tried to configure this in suo but somehow it doesntseem to work. Any
clue?
Thanks in advance
Kumar

2. Pb with contool and Solaris 2.4

3. connect to NT SQL server

4. need to restrict users from doing a su to a selected group of users

5. C-Media cards

6. Minicom Alt-Q quits more than just Minicom

7. CRCs, compress & tar

8. SliRp/Minicom: Starting Slirp through minicom?

9. To Minicom or not to Minicom

10. Running Minicom as user and sys adm.

11. How to set up Minicom to respond to Non-Root users

12. Minicom users unite!