Red Hat 4.2 Kernel Panic during install

Post by Brad Okamot » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I just bought Red Hat Linux 4.2 and trying to get it install on a Cyrix
5x86 120Mhz system with a 1.2 hard drive with no other operating system.  I
have a 4x Sanyo  crd-254s SCSI  cd-rom drive attached to a Pro Audio
Spectrum sound card with a trantor scsi controller built on.  After I
select the Pro Audio Spectrum scsi controller during the setup it finds my
cd-rom drive fine, but I get the following message.

Kernel panic: scsi_free: Trying to free unused memory
In swapper task - not syncing

Any assistance you can give me on how I can get RH Linux installed would be
greatly appreciated.  I am new to Linux and very anxious to work with it.

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. remove .nfs8B6 files

3. red hat linux 9 panic during install on walmart $200 machine

4. Trouble with Ethernet bridging

5. Red Hat 4.2 Exits Abnormally during package installation

6. Netscape 1.0N/Mosaic Setup

7. Kernel Panic installing Red Hat

8. Slack 3.0.0 Boot Problem with AHA1522

9. kernel panic error when installing red hat 3.0.3

10. Kernel Panic installing Red Hat

11. Upgrading Kernel on Red Hat 4.2...

12. Upgrading kernel on Red Hat 4.2

13. Multiple 3c509 cards with Red Hat 4.2 Kernel 2.0.30