Red Hat 7.0 on a Compaq ML370 with a Smart 5302 SCSI controller

Red Hat 7.0 on a Compaq ML370 with a Smart 5302 SCSI controller

Post by Tom Braathe » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 18:16:48

Hey!

I am setting up a Compaq ML370 server with a Smart 5302 RAID controller and
3 36GB disks, but this is not exactly going my way. The installation is
defaulting to a NCR ??53XX?? controller (SCSI) but my Comapq controller
needs some special driver to work properly so this causes the server to
crash right after I partition the disk. I've made one logical volume on 72GB
with the hardware raid controller and is partitioning this in smaller
partitions during installation. Right after I define the partitions and then
press Next, the server goes down.

Have any of you guys any experience with these kinda problemes or atleast
know here I can turn to for help?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Braathen

1. Red Hat 7.0 on a Compaq ML370 with a Smart 5302 SCSI controller

Hey!

I am setting up a Compaq ML370 server with a Smart 5302 RAID controller and
3 36GB disks, but this is not exactly going my way. The installation is
defaulting to a NCR ??53XX?? controller (SCSI) but my Comapq controller
needs some special driver to work properly so this causes the server to
crash right after I partition the disk. I've made one logical volume on 72GB
with the hardware raid controller and is partitioning this in smaller
partitions during installation. Right after I define the partitions and then
press Next, the server goes down.

Have any of you guys any experience with these kinda problemes or atleast
know here I can turn to for help?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Braathen

2. Bind & NT-DNS

3. Red Hat 7.0 on a Compaq ML370 with a Smart 5302 controller

4. Free SPAM Program

5. FreeBSD and Compaq Array Controller 5302/64

6. AMD vs. Cyrix, Which, and How!?

7. RH 6.1 doesn't recognize ncr53c8xx scsi controller on Compaq ML370

8. Problems with usb-storage

9. Smart Array 5i (Compaq ML370) and potato

10. Linux w/Compaq Proliant & Smart-2 SCSI Controller

11. Compaq Prosignia Smart-SCSI controller

12. Linux SCSI drivers for Compaq smart array controller in proliant 1500