Will FIPS work on WIN NT SP5 ?

Post by Dj Khanmamedo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi:

Does anybody know if FIPS .20 will work on partitioning WIN NT NTFS
Harddrive ?

Also, what is the defrag I should use for NT ?  It doesn't seem to have the
defrag Win 95 has.

Please help !

Thank you in adavance,
Dj

Will FIPS work on WIN NT SP5 ?

Post by Tom Pfeife » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi:

> Does anybody know if FIPS .20 will work on partitioning WIN NT NTFS
> Harddrive ?

> Also, what is the defrag I should use for NT ?  It doesn't seem to have the
> defrag Win 95 has.

> Please help !

> Thank you in adavance,
> Dj

Fips will only work on FAT16 or FAT32, but you could take a look at
pdisk.exe, which is a stand alone program included with Bootit Direct
found here:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/BOOTITD.HTM

I've never tried it on NTFS, but it is supposed to be able to shrink
NTFS partitions.

You won't need a defragger if you use pdisk, but Diskeeper Lite is a
well known one for NT, and it's freeware:

http://www.execsoft.com/downloads/menu.asp

Tom