Canceling print jobs

Post by S.E. Stansfiel » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 05:24:27

I recently installed mandrake 8.2 and the gnome desktop

I have a lexmark Z53 printer

What I can't seem to do is cancel a print job.  The printer works fine
in both B&W and color.  I accidently sent a large print job that I don't
want printed.  How do I cancel it?  I believe that I am using the CUPS
printing system.

In the meantime I can't print stuff that I *do* want to print without
printing what is probably hundreds of pages of garbage.

thanks
sam

Canceling print jobs

Post by Baho Uto » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:45:52

> I recently installed mandrake 8.2 and the gnome desktop

> I have a lexmark Z53 printer

> What I can't seem to do is cancel a print job.  The printer works fine
> in both B&W and color.  I accidently sent a large print job that I don't
> want printed.  How do I cancel it?  I believe that I am using the CUPS
> printing system.

> In the meantime I can't print stuff that I *do* want to print without
> printing what is probably hundreds of pages of garbage.

> thanks
> sam

lpq is your friend.  man lpq!

Canceling print jobs

Post by Paul Lutu » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:36:58

> I recently installed mandrake 8.2 and the gnome desktop

> I have a lexmark Z53 printer

> What I can't seem to do is cancel a print job.  The printer works fine
> in both B&W and color.  I accidently sent a large print job that I don't
> want printed.  How do I cancel it?  I believe that I am using the CUPS
> printing system.

> In the meantime I can't print stuff that I *do* want to print without
> printing what is probably hundreds of pages of garbage.

# kjobviewer -all -show

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

1. "cancel (print-job)" jams spooler from printing other docs???

Please, please help!!!

First I need to apologize for sending a test posting to this group. For some
reason I was unable to post to biz.sco.general and I lost my whole posting
(using trumpet). Didn't want a repeat.

I am using SCO on a number of servers with connections to printers via the
following :

    1. Via a mux connected directly to the server
    2. Via an emulex connected to our LAN, connected in turn to the server
    3. Via a chase connected to our LAN

My problem is that every time I cancel a print job I am unable to print any
further jobs to the printer without resorting to one of these 2 "solutions" :

     1. Re-boot machine
     2. Spawn a getty to the port from one terminal and kill the getty from
another terminal (works with mux).

Are there any geniuses who have any simpler solutions (like fixing the cause)
for a poor confused soul????

Your help will really be appreciated. Many thanks

Robert Blomstrand

2. Stallion EasyIO help

3. Problems cancelling print job

4. which laptop is better for Linux ?

5. Canceling print jobs on a remote queue?

6. Number of entries in Linux partition array / Redboot-style FIS table

7. Cancel print jobs problem

8. xconsole in wterm

9. HELP: can't cancel print jobs as root

10. Canceled print jobs stay in queue

11. Notification of cancelled print jobs

12. Cannot cancel print job

13. Unable to cancel print job.