floppy / 2.0.35 / Digital Hinote Ultra 2000 : unexpected interrupt

floppy / 2.0.35 / Digital Hinote Ultra 2000 : unexpected interrupt

Post by Julian Bradfie » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm running Redhat 5.1, with a 2.0.35 kernel, on a
Digital Hinote Ultra 2000.

When I mount the floppy, I can access it OK; but then if I do nothing
with it for between one and two minutes, the kernel gives "floppy:
unexpected interrupt", and all accesses return I/O errors (if I'm
lucky) or silently return zero bytes (if I'm not). The unexpected
interrupt is then repeated every 60 seconds until the floppy is
unmounted.

(This happens whether the floppy driver is built in, or loaded as a
module.)

Anybody have any idea what's happening?

Please mail as well as posting, since I'm not sure how reliable my
newsfeed is.

1. Anyone have experience with Redhat on Digital HiNote Ultra 2000?

We're looking at purchasing a DEC Hinote 2000 laptop and want to know
if anyone has successfully set up Redhat 5 on one.  Specifically, we
are wondering about how the display performs with XFree86 and if you
can get the advertised resolutions (1024x768, 16bit on LCD; 1280x1024,
16bit on external) using XFree.
        We are also interested in any troubles with drivers for any of
the usual suspects on laptops (keyboards, touchpad, ports, sound, etc)
and especially any information or experience on getting the
suspend/hibernate modes to work with Linux.

Thanks in advance;

Erik Miller

2. client/server version of xmms?

3. Linux/XFree on Digital HiNote Ultra 2000 and Hitachi Visionbook Elite

4. Driver for Casio Cassiopia Fiva touchscreen, help with conversion to 2.4

5. Laptop DIGITAL HiNote Ultra 2000

6. pentium version wanted

7. Has Anyone Had Any Success with Solaris 7 on a Digital Hinote Ultra 2000?

8. PCI ids unsorted

9. 2.4.x kernel keyboard fix for Digital HiNote Ultra 2000

10. Network on Digital HiNote 2000

11. Digital HiNote 2000 & Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 Setup

12. Network on Digital HiNote 2000

13. Help \w digital hinote 2000 XF86Config?