Installing RH5 on SCSI HD with AHA2920a card

Installing RH5 on SCSI HD with AHA2920a card

Post by Sciences Support Assista » Fri, 17 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi, I was trying to install RH5.0 on a new SCSI HD, I have a adaptec 2920a
card, it is a future domain chip based card.  When I boot the machine
with the installation floppy and install it, the program can't recognize
the 2920a card.  How do I get around of this problem?
By the way, I have an IDE disk on the same machine with RH5.0
on one of the partition of that IDE disk. (the other partition is win95).
I used to re-compile the kernel to build the driver for 2920a directly
into the kernel after the installation on the IDE partition, but now I
want to put RH5.0 on the new SCSI drive, how do I do it?
thanks

1. RH5.1 install pb : scsi hd parity error

Hello,

My problem is that I can't install Debian 2.0 or RedHat 5.1.

In my computer I have a 2940UW, bios 1.23
id 0 : a Quantum Fireball ST 4.3 harddrive
id 3 : a 12/20Plextor CDRom
id 5 : a Traxdata CDRW4260 cdwriter.

I presently use RedHat 5.0 without any problem.
When I try to install RH5.1, using the cd to boot, an error occurs, when
its scans the SCSI bus

    scsi 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0
    parity error
    aborting command
    inquiry 00 00 00 ff 00

    infinite ( Host 0 abort (pid 1) timed out - trying harder
    loop    (SCSI Bus is being reset for host 0 chanel 0

On RH5.1 to those errors, I have to swith to console 3 or 4.

I had the same problem with I once tried to install debian 2.0, before
installing my cdwriter.
Does my hd need to be repaired or changed ?

Thanks

2. FIPS does not recognize free space

3. Initio SCSI card, How to install RH5.1??

4. RFC Proposal to enable MSI support in Linux kernel

5. ANSWER Re: Problem installing: Adaptec + IDE HD + SCSI HD

6. Broken Resolver?

7. Problem installing: Adaptec + IDE HD + SCSI HD

8. Run your own business - selling Virtual Servers

9. Does RH5.2 support 18G SCSI HD?

10. RH5 install on 6.4GB HD fails!

11. RH5.2 HD Install Failure

12. (Newbie)LILO, HD Setup, and RH5 Install

13. Problem installing rh5.2 from hd...