gnome mouse selection clears background (bug?)

gnome mouse selection clears background (bug?)

Post by m.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to debug the behaviour of gnome. If I select the background
(with the mouse), the selection rectangle erases the background in an
ugly way.

A picture of what I mean is at http://members.home.net/gerror.gif

I have observed this behaviour in versions of gnome since <1.0 and
previously thought it was an enlightenment bug. I now know it happens in
sawmill too. I am running the rh6.2 versions of gnome, XFree86 with the
SVGA driver on a 4mb Riva 128.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Can selection clear dtr/rts for soft-set 3 button mice?

I have a 3 button serial mouse which supports two or three button mode. The
modes are set by clear dtr/rts. It starts as 2-button mouse. In XFree86 I
use mousesystem type and clear dtr/rts to turn it into 3-button. However,
I have problem specifying it to selection -- if I specify it as mousesystem
3-button, I cannot use it until I use X. If I call it 2-button, I cannot use
it after X. So my question is --

Does selection have a way of sending clear dtr/rts to configure the mouse
in the first place?

Thanks!

--
   Eugene Ding                  Office: 4803 BH
   Computer Science Dept.       Tel: 310-206-2279

2. Shutdown question

3. clear command - Clear does not clear my screen.

4. DOSEMU 0.53

5. How to use a Mouse Systems Mouse with Selection

6. 2.4.17 benchmarks

7. Enlightenment/GNOME mouse bug?

8. Differences between Redhat 7.3 and Slackware 8.1

9. gnome login sessions / gnome bugs?

10. selection in the background

11. Gnome & shared libraries [was: Gnome 1.0 bugs][was: register_frame_info]

12. gnome login sessions, gnome bugs?

13. X Pixmaps and clear backgrounds