Kppp

Post by Casp » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi   This file didn't get installed by default any one tell me how to intall
a file .  How is it ?  look like its on the hard drive but not installed?
Thanks Fergus      Suse 5.3

1. strange kppp problems only with kppp in kde2

Hello!

I upgraded from kde to kde2 and in the beginning still used my old
kppp (from the old kde) which worked as before.

Now that I installed the updated kppp for kde2 as well, there are some
funny problems I don't understand!
The problem with setuid or write permission for the lock file was only
a minor problem, but the real problem now is:

Agent running under wine now gives me an error: not enough memory to
initialize winsock... !?
I really can't see the reason for this recent error with the new kppp;
I have lots of free memory, and moreover, other internet applications
work o.k., like netscape, ftp etc. And still I can't get Agent to
connect any longer.

So I went back to my still fully functional kppp from the old kde1,
apart from using pure dip and chat scripts which I mostly used anyway
instead of tools like kppp.

Anyone else noticed this annoyance, and perhaps someone know the
reason and a good solution?

thanks
Peter

2. shutdown: already running?

3. KDE1.1 kppp "Sorry. kppp's helper process just died"

4. FTPD & POP3D w/ Shadow Support

5. Kppp, ppp, minicom HELP?

6. Bazaar shadow password problem...

7. KDE1.1:kppp doesn't start at all

8. Variable Question

9. pppd and kppp

10. kppp configuration with iMac's internal modem

11. kppp can't create modem lock file

12. kppp or ezppp *I can't get in...*

13. kppp (yet again)