Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ and Linux?

Post by Rainer M. Canav » Sat, 18 May 1996 04:00:00

I've got two of those Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ Cards and after they work fine with Win
(3.1, 95, NT) I want them to run Linux.

So i went and compiled a new Kernel (1.3.100) with EEPro support (they seem to be mostly
compatible, except for the PnP stuff which of course is disabled).

It boots fine (recogizes HW adress) and even _sends_ it's packets out fine. But it
doesn't seem to _know_ of the transmission, so after some time i get a timeout error
suggesting a faulty cable. Changing the interrupt soesn't make a diffrence. IRQ 10 (&11)
definitively is free and useable.

But i can see the ARP packets arrive on another computer and after adding the HW adress
manually also ping- and other packets (otherwise: no route to...).

I didn't yet manage to find out if anything is recieved correctly...

Any hints?

E-mail replys would be appreciated.

Rainer M. Canavan

1. Install Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/10+ ISA card on Redhat 6.1 ---Please help

Hi,

I installed RedHat 6.1 on my PC(dual boot 98/Linux). Everything is fine
exception the RedHat can't recognize my ethernet card( Intel
EtherExpress ISA Pro 10/10+). The card works fine in 98.

During the installation, RedHat couldn't detect my card at all. So I
tried to load it manually. I tried two ways:
1. I put ether=5,0x210,0,0,eth0 ( the conf in my 98) in lilo.conf, then
reboot the machine. During the boot, lilo couldn't start eth0.
2. I run lsmod, I found nothing there. I do have
/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/net/eexpro.o file, so I said insmod eexpro. The
linux hangs forever. I have to power off the machine.

What did I do wrong? Please help!

Regards,
Michael

2. RIP Bill Gates

3. Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ + Comcast@Home under Linux

4. Select and FD question

5. Linux RH5.0 , Win95 and Intel etherexpress PRO/10

6. Development Tools C/C++

7. Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 card... supported in RedHat Linux 6.0?

8. Howto determine packet-loss on network?

9. EtherExpress Pro/10 and Pro/10+

10. Linux 2.0 and Intel EtherExpress PRO/10

11. Linux Red Hat 5.0 Problems with Intel EtherExpress pro 10+ ISA NIC card

12. Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ with RedHat5.1 problem

13. Intel EtherExpress pro 10