Metro X setup in RedHat 5.0

Post by Ivan Stropugatsk » Mon, 02 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Please Help!

I installed Metro X (I got Millenium II and XFree86 did not support my card
yet at the time).
After some problems with setup (keyboard and mouse was not recoginsed) I
managed to get X server working.
That is if I type X I would get X Windows, but for some reason no windows
manager would start up.
What must I do in order to correct this problem?

Metro X setup in RedHat 5.0

Post by John Winte » Mon, 02 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>Please Help!

>I installed Metro X (I got Millenium II and XFree86 did not support my card
>yet at the time).
>After some problems with setup (keyboard and mouse was not recoginsed) I
>managed to get X server working.
>That is if I type X I would get X Windows, but for some reason no windows
>manager would start up.
>What must I do in order to correct this problem?

Don't type "X", type "startx".

HTH
John
--
John Winters.  Wallingford, Oxon, England.

The Linux Emporium - a source for Linux CDs in the UK
See <http://www.polo.demon.co.uk/emporium.html>

1. setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL

I just recently compiled OpenOffice 1.0.2 from ports (vs the package because I
want WITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED). The make worked fine, but when I do a make
install-user, I get the error about not being able to find setup.ins in
/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/program/. I searched for this error but all the
info I found was old, regarding manual patches (which probably don't work
anymore with current versions) and stuff about it appearing if you're using a
FreeBSD older than 4.6 and to upgrade.

Any idea why this message would be occuring with 5.0-REL?

2. VMSTAT

3. RedHat 5.0 & Metro-X with a Mystique

4. define key bindings in fvwm2

5. RedHat 5.0 & Metro X???

6. Feed arguments for run under dbx

7. Metro Link Motif 2.0 and RedHat 5.0

8. Laserforms on SCO Unix

9. REDHAT 5.0 Metro-X problem

10. Metro-X with RedHat 5.0

11. Metro X setup from 4.0 CD with GPL Redhat 4.2 already installed?

12. Problem with Metro X RedHat Setup

13. Redhat 5.0 /internet setup