sound in Linux

Post by Jake van der Me » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Ok, Ok, I checked sound -HOWTO but still too  dump  to figure it out.

My problem: I could not get my sound card working under redhat 3.0.3.

Do I have to recompile the kernel to enable the sound card? In the HOWTO
it mentioned that at the boot promote, add, linux sound=0x.......,

How is this exactly done? I use lilo to boot. How to configure the
lilo.conf to include the sound parameter?

Thanks for your help.

sound in Linux

Post by Jeff Davi » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> Ok, Ok, I checked sound -HOWTO but still too  dump  to figure it out.

> My problem: I could not get my sound card working under redhat 3.0.3.

> Do I have to recompile the kernel to enable the sound card? In the HOWTO
> it mentioned that at the boot promote, add, linux sound=0x.......,

> How is this exactly done? I use lilo to boot. How to configure the
> lilo.conf to include the sound parameter?

> Thanks for your help.

Jake,

Yes, you will need to recompile the kernel to get support for your
soundcard.
It is a configurable option. Make sure you have the info about your
soundcard handy like IRQ, base address, etc.

Good Luck!

--

http://www.iquest.net/~n9avg