Problem with Metro X RedHat Setup

Post by T. Tod » Sun, 09 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I've just installed RedHat 3.03 on a Dell XPS Pro 200. I was able to get
everything working except for one thing. When running Metro X, the real
mouse pointer postion is always about 1 character to the left (at
800x600) of the displayed position. This is not a problem when clicking
buttons, but when selecting text and drawing, the setup is basically
unusable. Any ideas about this? I'm using a #9FX Motion 771 with 2M. I
haven't tried the Xfree S3 server to see if it has this same problem or
not,  but Windows NT seemed to work ok with this card before I nuked it.

Thanks,

Terry

--
T. Todd, Communications Research Laboratory
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8S 4K1

1. Metro X setup in RedHat 5.0

Please Help!

I installed Metro X (I got Millenium II and XFree86 did not support my card
yet at the time).
After some problems with setup (keyboard and mouse was not recoginsed) I
managed to get X server working.
That is if I type X I would get X Windows, but for some reason no windows
manager would start up.
What must I do in order to correct this problem?

2. su not allowing privilages of new user

3. Metro X setup from 4.0 CD with GPL Redhat 4.2 already installed?

4. Using getopt to parse long options

5. Redhat 4.2 and Metro-X problems

6. Threads, C++, libc and X

7. RedHat 4.0/Metro-X startup problem

8. problem with setuid bit

9. REDHAT 5.0 Metro-X problem

10. RedHat 4.0 & Metro-X problem

11. monitor / ATI, Metro X and X setup question

12. Metro-X Server Setup Help Needed

13. Metro-X Setup Help Needed