Cannot create a file system

Post by Stanley Chi » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

To all,

A newbie to Linux and have some problem to create a file system.

Whenever I try to use mkfs here is the error message.

mke2fs 1.14, ....................
/dev/sdb4: Not enough space to build proposed filesystem while setting
up superblock

That new partition is about 2.4 GB and not sure where is the error
coming from.

Appreciate any help.
Stan

1. cannot create file in mounted file system

Hello,

I have SunOS 5.5 in two Sparc-20 boxes. In box one I have done as root:
mkdir /x/y
'ls -ld /x/y' yields: drwxr-xr-x 2 root root <size/date> /x/y
share /x/y
'share' yields: - /x/y rw ""
In box two I have done as root:
mkdir /x/y
'ls -ld /x/y' yields: drwxr-sr-x 2 root sys <size/date> /x/y
mount host1:/x/y /x/y
'mount' yields: /x/y on host1:/x/y read/write/setuid/proto=udp/remote ..
cd /x/y
'touch z' yields: touch: a: Permission denied

How do I allow creating of file(s) in a mounted file system ?
--
Regards,

Marek Grinberg

| web:  http://www.msc.se                        |

2. RedHat 7 and Abit KT7-RAID

3. Read-only system - cannot edit or create files N

4. Debugging possible hardware problems

5. Read-only system - cannot edit or create files

6. Parallel Port Zip drive probs...

7. Help : Cannot create file system error during installation : linux 7.0 (ULTRA ATA 100 Error ???)

8. xconfig

9. cannot create make file: cannot get it set to home directory

10. cannot unlink file or create files

11. Enhanced Filing system - file system like DEC Advanced File system for Linux

12. creating/adding new file systems after the system has been brought up

13. Cannot open system file etc/system