setup ESS688

Post by Franck Mesnie » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

I have a little problem with my sound card ESS688 and redhat 6.0, indeed  the
former is not recognized by sndconfig and when I try to set it myself with
addresses, irq dma correct, I do not hear the example in sndconfig.

While nevertheless the reader of cd audio work ok.

What did I miss in the config ?

thanks

-----------------------------------
From the OS/2 WARP v4 fp10
Desktop of Franck MESNIER
34140 LOUPIAN
FRANCE

ICQ : 26368765
-----------------------------------

1. Sound (ess688)

I have an ESS688 soundcard which is supposed to be soundblaster pro
compatible.  I've tried editting my sbpcd.h file to set it as a true
soundblaster card... but that doesn't work.  Is there any way to get it
to work as a sound card rather than just an i/o card for the cdrom drive
or as a cd-player?

Please e-mail me directly.

Malcolm

2. redhat 7.0

3. Problem with ESS688 SoundChip

4. Waiting for V5

5. ess688 AudioDrive

6. Sun HPC ClusterTools 3.0

7. which driver for ESS688?

8. i luv

9. ESS688 Soundcard Support

10. mp3 files under SUSE 70 with ESS688 soundcard

11. ESS688 real SB compatible?

12. ESS688 Soundchip without tone

13. How to configure ESS688 soundcard to play mp3 files under SUSE 7.0