Solaris 7/8 in Sony VAIO PCG-FX800?

Post by Prasa » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 02:02:28

Hello Friends,

Can i able to Install Solaris 7/8 in SONY VAIO PCG-FX800 Laptop?

Its already preinstalled with Win ME on the first 10GB partition.Can i
install solaris in the second partition without affecting the first
one.

Thanks for your response.

Regards

Solaris 7/8 in Sony VAIO PCG-FX800?

Post by Joshua Baker-LePai » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 02:42:31

Quote:> Can i able to Install Solaris 7/8 in SONY VAIO PCG-FX800 Laptop?

Maybe you'd get better advice in a Solaris newsgroup...

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering

Solaris 7/8 in Sony VAIO PCG-FX800?

Post by Madhusudan Sing » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 03:24:54

Two things :
1. This question is not appropriate for this forum.
2. Why do you want Solaris when you have Linux ?

Quote:> Hello Friends,

Post by Eric P. McC » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 04:02:23

> Can i able to Install Solaris 7/8 in SONY VAIO PCG-FX800 Laptop?
> Its already preinstalled with Win ME on the first 10GB partition.Can i
> install solaris in the second partition without affecting the first
> one.

What does this have to do with Linux?

--

  "Knowing that a lot of people across the world with Geocities sites
absolutely despise me is about the only thing that can add a positive

Post by Manuel Capellar » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 07:41:23

> Hello Friends,

> Can i able to Install Solaris 7/8 in SONY VAIO PCG-FX800 Laptop?

solaris 7 definitly not, solaris 8 might work properly

--
Manuel Capellari  .............  fon +43 650 4462964
m.capellari(at)gnustuff.com  ..  sms(at)gnustuff.com

1. Modem and USB Mouse in Sony Vaio Laptop (PCG-FX800)?

Hello All,

Last month i bought a Sony VAIO PCG-FX800 Laptop. Its preinstalled
with Windows ME.The second partition is idle so i installed Redhat 7.1
in that partition.Now dual boot is okay,the problem is the onboard
modem is not detected in Linux. I tried in different ways,its
simplysays No modem found in ur system. The modem is "Conexant-Ambit
SoftK56 Data,Fax ICH modem ".

Where can i get the driver for this modem . I visited the conexant
website (in FAQ) they said driver for Linux will be release by this
year end. Can i get some where else?Then i have one more doubt is that
Rockwell named changed as Conexant?

Then i added USB mouse (Logitech) in my machine after that i did
mouseconfig , then my system was blinking once it booted (no X-windows
coming) & says problem in /etc/sysconfig/mouse file.In mouse config i
select my  mouse is Logitech USB mouse but in the file its put a PS/2.

Please reply for my queries with ur suggesstions/recommendations.

Thanks to spend ur time.

regards

2. xterms in utmpx, 112874-19, MU5 and all that

3. Sound On a SONY VAIO PCG-F340 Redhat 6.1

4. Intellimouse Explorer setup possible???

5. Linux on a Sony VAIO PCG-XG9 notebook

6. TIF Manipulation / C Program Help Needed

7. Linux installation in SONY VAIO PCG-885.

8. (none)

9. Sony Vaio PCG-818, PCMCIA not working

10. X on Sony Vaio PCG-717C Laptop

11. 2.4.5-ac17 oops on Sony Vaio pCG-FX140

12. Sony Vaio GRT Series - PCG-GRT1002A - Input Please

13. X11 on Sony Vaio PCG-R600, Intel i830 chipset