Java Plugins for Netscape 7.01

Post by Mark A Framnes » Mon, 23 Dec 2002 05:21:02

Greetings,

Is there a Java Plugin for Netscape 7.01 yet? I d'loaded the JDK and found
the plugins and setup NS701 with the latest but NS crashed everytime I
tried to view a page with applets.

Thanks

Post by Paul Lutu » Mon, 23 Dec 2002 06:33:51

> Greetings,

> Is there a Java Plugin for Netscape 7.01 yet? I d'loaded the JDK and
> found the plugins and setup NS701 with the latest but NS crashed
> everytime I tried to view a page with applets.

You need to understand the special "alternative reality" of Netscape
production code. When Netscape crashes, it means whatever you just did
*worked*. :)

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

Post by Davi » Mon, 23 Dec 2002 07:42:02

> Greetings,

> Is there a Java Plugin for Netscape 7.01 yet? I d'loaded the JDK and found
> the plugins and setup NS701 with the latest but NS crashed everytime I
> tried to view a page with applets.

Go to IBM and get the JRE package.

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/linux140/jre-info.html

Unpack it in  /opt
ln  -s  /opt/IBMJava2-14/jre/bin/libjavaplugin_oji.so
/usr/lib/netscape/plugins
Close & open  Netscape.

--
   Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.