RH 5.0 & IP Masq questions

Post by Jeff Volckaer » Tue, 09 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hello Everybody,

I just setup RH 5.0 yesterday and noticed that IP Masq SEEMS to be already
compiled into the installed kernel.  If this is not the case than tell me
now and ignore the rest of ramblings.

Waiting...[taps foot]...waiting....

Anyway, assuming IP Masq is precompiled I cannot use my normal masq script
to get it working.

This is it:
/sbin/ipfwadm -I -p accept
/sbin/ipfwadm -I -f
/sbin/ipfwadm -O -p accept
/sbin/ipfwadm -O -f
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -p accept
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -f
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -a masquerade -S192.168.0.0/24 -D0.0.0.0/0 -Weth0
insmod ip_masq_quake

I can run it without errors, but my PCs don't go.  I went to the trouble of
recompiling and things work now, but it would be nice not to have to do
that.

Also, I played around with proxy.  I setup IE under Win95 to use a proxy
server and pointed it to my linux box and port 80.  When I restart Win95 I
get a message about the site being FORBIDDEN.  Yikes, must be a .mil or
something.  <G>  Any thoughts on changing this.

One last little question... I brought my smb.conf over from 4.2 (copied,
not upgraded) and now Win95 sees the server as 000aa005 (the network node)
and not Linux (the host name).  What's up with that?  Does anyone know how
to set the share name?

BTW, I REALLY like the new X setup.  So far, even with the above glitches,
I really like Redhat 5.0.  Way to go guys.

TIA
--
Jeff Volckaert

1. IP Masq on RH 4.2 works but not on 5.0?

I have been happily using an IP Masq'd RedHat 4.2 box for quite some time. I
got the HOWTO and set it up without a hitch. The other day, I decide to
upgrade to 5.0 and to my surprise I cannot get IP Masq to work. As far as I
can tell, everything is set up exactly the same. I switched back to 4.2 and
it works perfectly. Anybody else experience this problem?

Tad

2. uucp on pc

3. IP Masq'd Workstation to connect to IP Masq'd Workstation

4. Getting a ixMicro to work

5. IP Masq - Specify IP to Masq as?

6. Relocation Error

7. SMBFS-2.0.2 on RH 5.0 (was Re: make error on RH 5.0)

8. Modem problem

9. IP Masq/Firewall & Apache question - how can I...

10. question re: NAT & ip-masq

11. Redhat Linux Config & IP Masq setup question

12. IP forwarding & Masq from net to Private IP

13. IP Masq, IP firewall & FWTK ?