video and the MediaGX processor

Post by <fusepop.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am attempting to install Caldera Open linux V 2.2 on a Cyrix MediaGX
based PC. I am relatively new at insalling opperating systems and this one
is giving me a fit! My question is, If I nstall a video card in one of the
expansion slots will this help to resolve the integrated video woes
present in the MediaGX processor? Will the linux automated installation
software detect this card as the main video adapter? I would realy like to
get some feedback on this befor I put down some cash on a video adapter
card. I appreciate any assistance you folks can provide.

Post by leo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I am attempting to install Caldera Open linux V 2.2 on a Cyrix MediaGX
>based PC. I am relatively new at insalling opperating systems and this one
>is giving me a fit! My question is, If I nstall a video card in one of the
>expansion slots will this help to resolve the integrated video woes
>present in the MediaGX processor? Will the linux automated installation
>software detect this card as the main video adapter? I would realy like to
>get some feedback on this befor I put down some cash on a video adapter
>card. I appreciate any assistance you folks can provide.

you can enter the cmos setup and disable using the video card on the
board

1. LINUX on MediaGX processor

I am using a LEO OASIS MediaGX 180 based computer manufactured by First
Computer International Inc.
I need to now if somebody installed Linux on this box and if the performance
is acceptable (let's assume NT 4.0 for comparison). NT4.0 runs fine and I
did't have any troubles with audio, video or Dlink 220 network card.
My application employs a SAW (Surface Acoustic Wave) touch screen
manufactured by ELO.  I have the drivers for 95 and NT but not for LINUX.
However, I would like to run Linux 5.0 on this box.
I am also interested to find out about the performance of the Linux JVM
running on the same box (MediaGX).
Can you please help me to reasearch this subject considering the fact that I
would like to deploy Linux on this box on over 10,000 units.
Thank you
Marius Ghinescu

2. "make modules" - error! why?

3. cyrix MediaGX Processor

4. SCO UNIX console getty respawning too rapidly - why?

5. Linux on Cyrix's MediaGX processor

6. howto create popup-menus (left_button_on_desktop) for enlightenment ??

7. Ask for MediaGx drivers (specially for video FrameBuffer

8. How to use identd from multihomed hosts?

9. >640x480x16bpp with Cyrix MediaGX integrated video adaptor?

10. Help with Cyrix MediaGX video chip?

11. >640x480x16bpp with Cyrix MediaGX integrated video adaptor?

12. MediaGX video adapter

13. Matrox Mystique ands X.