nfs filesystem? & shutdown messages

Post by Willy A Verheulp » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

As I am new to linux I carefully look at bootup & closedown messages.

This one now suddenly appeared in my system after doing some upgrades on
a redhat 4.0 distribution (trying to get ppp going for one)

nfs_fhget : getattr error = 512
nfs_read_super : get root inode failed

my fstab/mtab seem ok but I noticed (x-control panel) that my cdrom and
floppy are mounted as nfs devices ??? they are not set as such in fstab
.. something with amd ???

another message is

/etc/rc.d/rc0.d/S00halt : xargs : command not found

is there a link missing ? cut ?

Thnx 4 yr input ..

Willy Verheulpen    Institute for Mol. Biology & Biotechnology
Brussels Free University             Scientia Vincere Tenebras
Computer Systems Coordination            Phone : +32 2 3590259
Paardenstr 65       B-1640 Sint Genesius Rode       Belgium

1. NFS & AFS & other filesystem information

All,

  I have just begun to start researching different filesystems
for a school paper that I am going to write.  I would appreciate
any information that anyone could provide me with, or even
better would be pointers to information about filesystems,
Mainly NFS, AFS and disk-stripping techniques.

as I am stuck in behind a firewall here.

  Thanks in Advance,

    Thomas Fletcher

# My opinions are just that ... mine.  They do not represent
# the opinion of Dave Alexander (my manager) or BNR (my employer)

2. Help,! can't customize X (Openwin) -libX11.so.3 not found!

3. Can't shutdown - get message Shutdown is already running

4. Diamond Stealth 64 2meg DRAM

5. gettimeofday missing

6. Red Hat 6.0 && init messages && new kernel

7. iBCS and NCR Unix

8. Mounting PC's filesystem as UNIX filesystem with NFS

9. NFS filesystem UID & GUID

10. Problem with OSE 5.0 & NFS & TUN-NFS

11. NFS & Stacked filesystems (A repost)

12. /usr/ucb/shutdown & Shutdown scripts