DOSEMU boot files: ext .EMU work???

Post by ron bardars » Fri, 18 Aug 1995 04:00:00

According to the /etc/dosemu.conf file :

#    Specify extensions for the CONFIG and AUTOEXEC files.  If the below
#    are uncommented, the extensions become CONFIG.EMU and AUTOEXEC.EMU.
#    NOTE: this feature may affect file naming even after boot time.
#    If you use MSDOS 6+, you may want to use a CONFIG.SYS menu instead.
#
#
EmuSys EMU
EmuBat EMU

However, this doesn't seem to work.  Suggestions??
--

Post by macle.. » Tue, 22 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>>EmuSys EMU
>>EmuBat EMU

>>However, this doesn't seem to work.  Suggestions??
>>--

What version are you running?
JES

1. DOS emulator PC-Emu or DOSEMU??

I vaguely remember this topic being discussed earlier but I can't find
any references to it, so I'm going to ask it again.

I was quite happy using DOSEMU under Linux, but I desperately want to
use FreeBSD (I paid $100 for manuals/media and be damned if I'll waste
that money!!).  PC-Emu doesn't do what I want it to.  I suppose I
should say that I don't have a DOS version early enough to run under
PC-Emu so I couldn't get past the install step.  Besides that, it just
doesn't do what I've come to expect from DOSEMU.

However, it appears to me that DOSEMU is written solely for Linux.
Has someone out there used it under FreeBSD?  If I added the Linux
emulation to my kernel, would that allow me to run DOSEMU?

My employer: Myrias Computer Technologies (www.myrias.com)
Currently working on RHSS - a realistic hockey simulator system covered by GPL.
Fantasy Sports Guru -- Commissioner--RHL,RHHL,LFHL,CFFL.Owner--FHL,FFL,RCFFL
I run FreeBSD2.1.5 at home and am striving for a totally Free Operating System.

2. command substitution

3. dosemu vs. pc-emu

4. AMD-K6-233 is OK ?

5. dosemu and v-net for multiple emu sessions to Novell

6. Cable Modem & Routing

7. DOS emulator PC-Emu or DOSEMU??

8. Yellow Dog Linux

9. Why does compress produce whatever.ext.Z rather than z/whatever.ext?

10. Starwriter no longer works after new linux emu

11. linux emu port doesn't get it's own files!

12. File lock lost in DOS EMU

13. DOS-Emu and File Handles...