problem installing Sparc linux

Post by Richard C. Gaine I » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I am having a problem installing RedHat 4.2(sparc).  The instalation fails
when I start to install the packages.  I get a watchdog reset and am left
at the ok prompt.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What can I do to fix
it?

Rick

1. Sparc linux network install problem!

Hi,
  I try to install Redhat 5.2 on a Sparc Classic. The disk is formated now
  so it boots from a linux box on the same ethernet with tftpboot.
  The installation program proceeds well until I finish the selection
  of packages to be installed and then it exits with a message that it
  failled to put the ftp server in passive mode.

  I tried with a lot of ftp servers (from the ftp mirror page at
  www.redhat.com) but always the same :-(

  Any ideas are welcome...

That's all

2. Max User Account !!!!! Problem !!!! Help !!!!

3. how to sparc linux (suse linux) install ?

4. ICQ for Linux

5. Difference between Sparc 2, Sparc 10 and Ultra Sparc 10

6. How can run mplayer in Xnest?

7. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

8. READ KSH Built-in Misses last Line

9. Solaris 7 11/99 Install problem on Sparc 5

10. Problem installing Solaris on SPARC-1

11. Problem installing gcc-3.2.2-sol9-sparc (I meant *not* read)

12. Sparc install problems

13. Sparc boot problem after install