gnome and window position

Post by avata » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I remember back when I was using RH6.2, when you moved windows around, it
would show you the cordinates of its position, ie 367 X 52. When I
installed Helix, i think this feature disappeared, and it isn't present in
RH7. Anyone know how to turn this feature back on, if that's possible? I'm
trying to use it so I can configure SawFIsh's matched windows to place
windows where I want them. Thanks.

gnome and window position

Post by Noble Peppe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I remember back when I was using RH6.2, when you moved windows around, it
> would show you the cordinates of its position, ie 367 X 52. When I
> installed Helix, i think this feature disappeared, and it isn't present in
> RH7. Anyone know how to turn this feature back on, if that's possible? I'm
> trying to use it so I can configure SawFIsh's matched windows to place
> windows where I want them. Thanks.

I believe the feature you describe is in the Enlightenment window manager,
the "technical" theme if I remember right.

1. specify window position in Sawfish window manager failed

xterm -g 80x24+0+0

For the first time, it works.  Move the window and close it.

Try again.  It fails.

It works in KDE environment, so I think it's a bug in sawfish
window manager. I also tried to turn off the remembering window
position option in Gnome control center.  It doesn't help.

Does gnome 2.0 have this bug ?

Edward

2. RPM question

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. USB mouse with Redhat 8.0

5. gnome-terminal size and position

6. Netactive = Tenant's Union???

7. Starting size and position of gnome-terminal

8. shell script debugging

9. Gnome Panel Free Positioning?

10. sort keys based on character positions, not field positions?

11. netscape and window position

12. Selecting a Window by Mouse Position

13. Saving window positions