Did setup Linux, but having problems setting up Local Email between local users

Did setup Linux, but having problems setting up Local Email between local users

Post by TJ. » Wed, 03 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have a system on
which Linux has just been installed, but not
connected to anything for now, all I want is for
the various local users, to be able to send mail to
each other, I tested it and the mail never actually
gets delivered to the other local account ?  The
book I have said something about using Smail for
the configuration, but I could not find it.

Thanks a lot for any help in advance.

TJ.

1. mod_auth: user from remote/local but no passwd for local

I'm using mod_auth but I'd like users coming from localhost to
not be required to use passwords.  However I would like them to
be required to enter user names since I'm using REMOTE_USER in
some scripts.  How can I do this?

I played a bit with mod_auth_anon but it doesn't seem to set
REMOTE_USER and even if it did, I can't see how to combine it with
mod_auth and mod_access to get the config I describe above.

Any pointers appreciated.

--
Rick Delaney

2. Printout's going into space

3. LOCAL (TX): Announcing Linux Users Group in Midland/Odessa Texas (Permian Basin Linux Users Group)

4. Compaq Netelligent 10/100 on Mandrake 6.1 issues

5. E-mail Messages to Local Users Being Queued, Not Delivered

6. FTP works with sh only

7. how do I email local user on system?

8. Little white dots that go away when I refresh?

9. Fetchmail: Email TO diff users distribute among local boxes?

10. local user name in email

11. Setting up a local email server

12. Wanting to set up a Local Email Server

13. Setting Local Machine Name in DOS?