Redhat problems on Dell XpiCD portable

Post by David Spindl » Sun, 19 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to install redhat 4.2 on my dell XpiCD portable. It has a
port replicator with a built in 3COM 3C509. However Redhat can not seem
to use it. I select autoprobe and then I enter my IP
address,gateway,mask,nameserver at this point it tries to do the DNS
lookup to determine my hostname but times-out if you try it again it
crashes. Any suggestions?

P.S. All the network infomation(address etc.) is correct.
Please email your response.

1. DELL Lattitude XPiCD (neomagic) + X ???

Hi  .. linux newbie alert!

I just installed RedHat Linux 4.2 on my Lattitude notebook and I cant get
two things to work:

1. the mouse - its a Logitec port mouse (built into the keyboard)

2. the X server - I go through Xconfigurator and select the neomagic board,
but the server necer seems to start .. what settings should I use ??

cheers

Aaron

2. Masquerading woes...

3. DELL XPICD with ES1688

4. Linux Format: Best Advocacy

5. Problem installing Linux on Dell Inspiron Portable

6. 4.0f Kernel modifications

7. RedHat linux kernel 1.2.13 to 2.0 upgrade problems on a portable (fwd)

8. Anti Alaised fonts under Linux.

9. Linux for a Portable Dell

10. Dell Portable with CL-GD7543 chipset

11. DELL Portable

12. XFree86 on a Dell XPi P120ST portable

13. Redhat 8.0 X Problem on Dell Optiplex GX110