PCMCIA CD-ROM install probs

Post by Mark J Hawti » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

I am just a Linux beginner. I have a copy of Caldera OpenLinux (version
2) which I am trying to install onto a Compaq Concerto Laptop.

I have PCMCIA CD-ROM which LISA does not recognise during the
autoprobing phase of the install.

I would be grateful for any help offered.

Thanks and Regards

Mark

1. Installing Linux on a notebook - PCMCIA/CD-ROM or PCMCIA/NE2000 card?

Please anyone with experence installing linux on a notebook, I could use
your help.   I have had some (NE2000 is probed and seen by linux on
bootup) success with the PCMCIA network card (USRobotics modem//ethernet
combo) but my partitions are invisible ( I have 4 partitions and they
show up as one large part.).  I have a Panasonic CD-Rom (CD-120M) using
a Panasonic Interface card.  These use a Matsushita KXL-D740 driver
software (for dos).  I've tried several different Boot disk versions.
None can probe the CD-ROM.

Any ideas?

Thanks
George Dunham

2. 1394 Firewire - Bootable?

3. Can't install Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with SCSI-1 CD-ROM

4. Starting

5. CD-ROM not detected by linux after CD-ROM install

6. Problem with SUN cluster and pnmd

7. Install Prob: Redhat 7: Mitsumi 2X FX-001D CD-ROM Drive

8. Foreign language fonts (was: Re: Best office app ?)

9. Install Probs. With AcerMagicS20 cd-rom interface

10. Install prob. w/tmc1680 & chinon CD-ROM (Yggrassil)

11. Prob. with CD-ROM during install

12. How to install Red Hat from PCMCIA SCSI CD-ROM?

13. Installing through PCMCIA CD-ROM