Help with PCMCIA Ethernet card

Post by Steve Deart » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I recently switched from RH6.0 to Stormix, and am trying to get my NetGear
FA410TX PCMCIA ethernet card working on an IBM Thinkpad 1452i.  It worked
under RH, but I've somehow screwed up the settings on Stormix.

Anyway, the message log gives the following:

pcnet_cs:  unable to read hardware net address for io base 0x300.

Any idea on what I need to do to get this working?

thanks

Post by Michael Per » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I recently switched from RH6.0 to Stormix, and am trying to get my NetGear
>FA410TX PCMCIA ethernet card working on an IBM Thinkpad 1452i.  It worked
>under RH, but I've somehow screwed up the settings on Stormix.

>Anyway, the message log gives the following:

>pcnet_cs:  unable to read hardware net address for io base 0x300.

>Any idea on what I need to do to get this working?

>thanks

I would check out the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts file and see what io addresses
you are flagging and which ones you are removing from use.  Are you using
the pcmcia stuff which ships with storm?  I use debian woody and potato here
and always compile both the kernel and pcmcia stuff from sources and have
had pretty good luck lately.

--
Michael Perry