HELP: Setting up a network over leased lines

HELP: Setting up a network over leased lines

Post by Cassidy Meye » Tue, 09 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi all

Am busy connecting 2 Linux boxes to a leased line and plan to run Slip.

Problem however is that I can't get the boxes to communicate. The modems
detect carrier but nothing gets transmitted or received betw. the 2.
Thought that the modems should only be setup for leased line use with one
in ANSWER and the other in ORIGINATE mode. Do I need to setup the Linux
boxes to recognise and configure the modems' as well??

Please, any comments would be dearly appreciated.
Cas

1. Combining leased lines into a super leased line

Hi all

I was struck by a great idea the other day, but I haven't been able to
find any information on it. What I would like to do is combine 2 leased
lines from our Linux RH 4.2 gateway into a super leased line, thus
giving us cheap bandwidth. Eached line has its own static IP number. I
realise that this would obviously involve load balancing software on our
gateway as well as on the ISP.

It seems like a simple idea, has anyone done anything like this? Or am I
missing something fundamental?

Thanks
Mike (still climbing the learning curve :) )

2. THE AWESOME PAGE OF LINKS

3. Need help on leased line setting

4. A real-life experience

5. *** HELP *** (Need to set up a leased line connection between Sun and IBM RS/6000)

6. Help to set up Home Network

7. Need help setting up PPP for leased line

8. How to understand /proc/net/dev

9. help , how to set ppp server on linux under leased line

10. Linux permanent Line (connection two linux machines over a leased line (permanent telephone line)

11. How to set up an analog leased line connection

12. Leased Line to Linux to Network

13. Networking over leased line