Xconfig problem

Post by jhecke » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello -

I am trying to set up X under Mandrake 7.2

I am running an S3 (Virge) video controller driving an HP FX70 LCD
monitor.

Xconfigurator keeps erroring out.  Apparently XF86Setup no longer is part
of their distribution, so I can't cobble up an XConfig file (which I did
under 7.1).

If anyone has these (or someone has a database of them), I would
appreciate hearing about it!

TIA -

Regards,
jh

Xconfig problem

Post by Eric » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:08:38

> Hello -

> I am trying to set up X under Mandrake 7.2

> I am running an S3 (Virge) video controller driving an HP FX70 LCD
> monitor.

> Xconfigurator keeps erroring out.  Apparently XF86Setup no longer is part
> of their distribution, so I can't cobble up an XConfig file (which I did
> under 7.1).

> If anyone has these (or someone has a database of them), I would
> appreciate hearing about it!

> TIA -

> Regards,
> jh

doesn't mandrake have something called DrakeX (try locate to find the
correct name) to configure X?

Eric

1. OPTi931 - make xconfig problem !?

I was following the steps outlined in the OPTi931 Mini-HOWTO
(http://spoke.nols.com/~drees/opti931.html), and was in
"Configuring/Compiling the Kernel", using make xconfig. Basically, I
indicated that sound card support be compiled as a module, and selected
'M' (instead of 'Y' as indicated in the mini-HOWTO because sound is
compiled as a module, therefore 'Y' is disabled) for the following:

M    Generic OPL2/OPL3
M    MPU-401 support (NOT for SB16)
M    Microsoft Sound System support
M    FM synthesizer (YM3812/OPL-3) support

Now I was trying to change the IRQ, I/O, DMA, etc... settings under
"MPU-401 support" and "Microsoft Sound System support", but make xconfig
doesn't allow me to.

Am I missing something? Or are these really disabled?

Thanks,

John

2. AUIS - the Word Processor

3. Xconfig problems

4. Ensoniq Sound Card Setup

5. sound module xconfig problem with kernel 2.0.33

6. Ebedded Linux on a EP7111

7. Xconfig problems

8. future and jobs in UNIX

9. Xconfig problem, Please help!

10. Xconfig problem

11. Xconfig problems with ATI Ultra+

12. Xconfig problems - STB Powergraph/NEC Multisync III

13. Xconfig problem on higher resolution than 640x480