Accessing Dos partition

Post by james » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Try

mkdir /win
mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /win

and if you want the dos/win*partition available at boot time read the
man page for fstab.....

> I have recently installed linix on the second partition of my secondary
> drive I think this is
> hdc2
> Anyway what I want to be able to do is access files from dos/win95 when
> running in Linux.  I have been unable to locate anything in the how tos and
> other online resources

> I obviously have to use the mount command but Im not sure what else

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

> Thanks Tony Hilton

Accessing Dos partition

Post by bklima » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I have recently installed linix on the second partition of my secondary
> drive I think this is
> hdc2
> Anyway what I want to be able to do is access files from dos/win95 when
> running in Linux.  I have been unable to locate anything in the how tos and
> other online resources

> I obviously have to use the mount command but Im not sure what else

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

> Thanks Tony Hilton

Try our family homepage for info how to mount:

http://www.magma.ca/~bklimas/FAQ.htm#mount_floppy_zipdrive

Hope this helps. Best regards,

Stan

Accessing Dos partition

Post by Jon » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

mkdir /cdrive
mount /dev/hda1 /cdrive -rw

> > I have recently installed linix on the second partition of my secondary
> > drive I think this is
> > hdc2
> > Anyway what I want to be able to do is access files from dos/win95 when
> > running in Linux.  I have been unable to locate anything in the how tos and
> > other online resources

> > I obviously have to use the mount command but Im not sure what else

> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

> > Thanks Tony Hilton

> Try our family homepage for info how to mount:

> http://www.magma.ca/~bklimas/FAQ.htm#mount_floppy_zipdrive

> Hope this helps. Best regards,

> Stan

Accessing Dos partition

Post by Jürgen Exne » Wed, 14 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> mkdir /cdrive
> mount /dev/hda1 /cdrive -rw

Thou shall not create new folders in "/"
Please see the file system standard why this is a bad idea.

Use e.g. mkdir /mnt/cdrive instead

jue
--
Jrgen Exner

1. accessing dos partitions with wd7000fasst scsi, isc unix 2.2, dos[345]

hi,

        i'm running isc unix 2.2 on a generic 386. my disk is a micropolis
300MB which i've formatted into a 100MB dos and a 200MB unix partition. my
controler card is the western digital 7000fasst. i'm trying to mount the
dos partition under unix. i've gone through the sst manual (v3.36) and
manual created the nodes for additional dos partitions. i've tried the
setdos utility and every permutation of mount but am unable to access the
dos partition. my only clue is that i get the error message about unix
being unable to recognize the file system type. could isc be unable to
recognize my dos format? the disk that i booted from to do the initial sst
partitioning was dos4. i then used the dos5 upgrade for the dos partition.
my roomate seems to think that unix only recognizes dos3.3, can anyone offer
a authoritative answer on this? also,is there an isc upgrade, patch, etc
that allows use of dos[45] if that is the case?

thank you for your time and attention
greg moncreaff

2. Anyone using Metrolink or Xi Graphics X server?

3. Accessing DOS partitioned 1 Meg HD

4. HOW THE HECK?!?!?!? How do I change the "appearance" of the clock in Afterstep, RedHat 5.1?

5. Problem accessing DOS partitions not as root.

6. Beowuf for SUN?

7. Access DOS partitions

8. problem: app-defaults file not read

9. Help w/ accessing DOS partition

10. Hanging when accessing DOS partition

11. problem in accessing dos partitions

12. Access Dos partition from linux?????????????

13. Accessing DOS partition under SOlaris x86