DNS question: two domains (xxx.org & yyy.net) one machine ... how?

Post by Hemlo » Thu, 09 May 1996 04:00:00

DNS question: two domains (xxx.org & yyy.net) one machine ... how?

Maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I cannot seem to find the
info (how-to, etc) needed.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Please email reply too.

Post by Vaios Papaioann » Fri, 10 May 1996 04:00:00

>DNS question: two domains (xxx.org & yyy.net) one machine ... how?

>Maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I cannot seem to find the
>info (how-to, etc) needed.

>Thanks in advance

>P.S. Please email reply too.

The DNS & Vrtual Web HOW-TOs should do I guess.....

Vaios

Post by Steve Hathawa » Thu, 16 May 1996 04:00:00

> >DNS question: two domains (xxx.org & yyy.net) one machine ... how?

> >Maybe the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I cannot seem to find the
> >info (how-to, etc) needed.

> >Thanks in advance

> >P.S. Please email reply too.

> The DNS & Vrtual Web HOW-TOs should do I guess.....

> Vaios

Our government agency is served by 2 domains (oem.state.or.us --
oem.or.gov).  This is done to facilitate a migration away from
or.gov and towards state.or.us.

To implement this, the following was done:

        The DNS server has tables for both domains.  The authoritative
        (A) address records are for the oem.state.or.us domain.
        This is also reflected in the ...IN-ADDR.ARPA reverse lookup
        (PTR) records.  The alternate domain is serviced by (CNAME)
        alias canonical name records.

        MX records for both domains point to our set of mail servers.
        The mail servers have rules programmed to recognize addresses
        on both domains.

There are two separate issues.  DNS needs to be happy and resolve
addresses and MX records on both domains.  And your mail postoffice
servers and relay servers need to recognize both domains.

Steven J. Hathaway // Oregon State Police // Oregon Emergency Management

1. question: Who is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx tell xxx.yyy.yyy.zzz

This morning I noticed the activity LED on my cable modem has been going
nuts with loads of network traffic. I'm just sitting there not doing
anything. I'm using a Mandrake 7.2 box with IPCHAINS and Portsentry.

I checked my log files and Portsentry mail and see lots of DENY stuff.

I then fired up ethereal and start capturing. I see page after page of
messages such as:

Who has 24.177.63.127 Tell 65.112.55.123

The numbers are not accurate (I can post them if needed), but the messages
are all the same with differing IP numbers on both sides.

What does this mean? I called my broadband provider and they said they had
no idea.

Has my system been hacked?

Thanks,
Paul Nixon

2. Does anybody knows if wabi supports Far East version win31?

3. Tough one: two accts & domains, one box

4. 3.2.3 questions

5. One server two domain for DNS

6. FAQ for group etiquette or moderator address

7. Arpresolve error: can't allocate llinfo for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

8. How does a program get its path name?

9. These "ICMP redirect from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" errors

10. Installation freezing at "Add default route xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" with NE2000 card

11. kernel: ICMP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Source route failed

12. Telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 25

13. two domains on one machine