X-term config problem

Post by Jeremy.Rump » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Wong,

The first thing that you need to do is start you X data manager on your Linux box.
You can do this by simply typing "xdm", or throw it into one of your startup scripts.
Note this will force your console to start into X. If you don't like this you can edit
the file /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers and remove the config line for the console.

Next if your on the same subnet you can start exceed in the XCMP broadcast mode.
You should see your linux box pop up in the server selection list. Or you can customize
exceed to connect directly to your linux box.

Thanks,

Jeremy Rumpf
Senior Operations
Caresystems Corp.