internet sharing

Post by fail00 » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

hi
I have a machine that is running redhat 5.2, which I also use to connect to
the internet.
I also have another machine that has win98 on it.
I have been using win 98 machine to connect the internet....but now I would
like to use my linux machine to connect to the internet and also share the
connection on my win98 machine....
Now can anyone tell me what things i need to change in my linux box and what
things I need to change in my win98 box...so that I can surf the net on both
machines at the same time.

On my win 98 machine I am using internet explorer and whenever I start the
it automatically starts dialling the isp....so how can change this, so that
it connects to the internet through my linux box....
thanks allot...

1. Win2K/RH 8 Network Share + Internet Share

Scott Tribble enlightened us with:

Google for 'samba' (file & printer sharing) and 'iptables' (firewall &
connection sharing). Also make sure you visit http://www.tldp.org/

Sybren
--
| Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat hangers so that |
| the pens will multiply instead of disappear.                      |

2. VAIO PCG-R505GL

3. Help with sharing internet sharing on my win2k box

4. SCSI HD and Solaris 2.6 install wqith mirroring

5. Linux internet sharing and VPN network

6. 10% reserved disk space.

7. Internet Sharing

8. DataFlex VoiceSurfer Modem with Linux

9. Internet Share via Bluetooth

10. Update to the internet share via linux senario (A easy solution):

11. W98 - RH6.1 Internet Sharing

12. Telnet server and Internet sharing.

13. Internet Sharing