gvim is not giving to create new(fresh) file.

gvim is not giving to create new(fresh) file.

Post by v.naga sriniva » Wed, 16 May 2001 18:19:48

HI,

        The vim is having new file creation..
Means when just type vim, without any filename,
it opens and can edit........finally i have to
save with option :w filename.

        I have loaded gvim the graphical front end
support (gvim-5.7-78), but its not giving any option to open(or create)
new file when several files already opened. ( My vim version is
vim-5.4-15).
Can any help me out........

thanks in advance..
regards,
Srinivas.

--
v.naga srinivas
yvl software consultancy,

Posted from smtp015.mail.yahoo.com [216.136.173.59]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Gvim is not giving a new file creation, when several files already opened..

HI,

        The vim is having new file creation..
Means when just type vim, without any filename,
it opens and can edit........finally i have to
save with option :w filename.

        I have loaded gvim the graphical front end
support (gvim-5.7-78), but its not giving any option to open(or create)
new file when several files already opened. ( My vim version is
vim-5.4-15).
Can any help me out........

thanks in advance..
regards,
Srinivas.

--
v.naga srinivas
yvl software consultancy,
b4,q1,6th floor,
cyber towers, hi-tec city,
madhapur, hyderabad-500033
AndhraPradesh State,
INDIA.
visit me: http://www.nagasrinivasv.com
phone: 091-040-3110200

--
Posted from ns.stph.net [196.12.32.2]

2. Can not mount from Linux into Solaris? Please Help !

3. change to new gid or new group name all files of given group name or gid

4. WRT54G + DWL-G650: ok choices for Linux 802.11g support?

5. OK, I am not giving up. SORRY!

6. Building a CD Bootable Firewall

7. How to make syslogged file created as new separate file every some period?

8. Man Pages

9. How to 'ls' files created within a given time range?

10. Creating a garbage file of a given length efficiently

11. create files with given size

12. creating a file of a given size

13. RH8: fresh 2.4.20 gives kernel panic on boot