ntp server and client setup.

Post by PHRo » Thu, 31 May 2001 00:10:27

Hello,

I would like to know how to setup a ntp (not xntp) server and a client on the
same subnet.
Exanple: My server access a router outside and get the correct clock.
The client ask the server for setting its clock.
I've looked some infos about server and peer seting in /etc/ntp.conf but I
don't know how to setup. something else?

Could anyone send me some light?
...and examples...

Many thanks in advance.

ntp server and client setup.

Post by Dave Uhrin » Thu, 31 May 2001 09:27:05

> Hello,

> I would like to know how to setup a ntp (not xntp) server and a client on
> the same subnet.
> Exanple: My server access a router outside and get the correct clock.
> The client ask the server for setting its clock.
> I've looked some infos about server and peer seting in /etc/ntp.conf but I
> don't know how to setup. something else?

> Could anyone send me some light?
> ...and examples...

> Many thanks in advance.

/etc/ntp.conf on my server:

server          128.252.135.4
server          128.206.12.230

driftfile       /etc/ntp.drift

Note that you probably don't want to use those servers, they are in
Missouri.

/etc/ntp.conf on a client

server  192.168.0.5

driftfile /etc/ntp/drift

Mox nix whether you are using xntpd or ntpd, same conf files.

1. NTP client not synchronised with NTP server

Hi,

I would like to synchronize my sun solaris server with an NTP server on a
cisco router.

I created a file /etc/inet/ntp.conf containing the following line :

server 192.12.2.138 prefer

and launched xntpd and it was OK.

But when I change date on the router or on my sun station, time
synchronisation did not occur.

If I kill xntpd and launch it again synchronisation is done.

How to synchronise my sun server without having to restart xntpd ?

Thanks,

Chuck

2. Network traffic statistics

3. How to Configure Linux machine as NTP server and Solaris machine as NTP client

4. Looking for ATI Radeon 7500 driver for X or 4.2 XF86Config file

5. ntp server and client setup

6. rzsz9402 problem

7. ntp.conf ntp config file setup

8. slip-service, how do I do it?

9. NTP: Server on on ip and Client on Another.

10. Windows ntp server, Linux Client

11. Setting Up NTP servers and Clients

12. Q: Setting up a NTP server and client

13. Time Server, Time Client, NTP