Upgrade

Post by Phillip Adam » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I am currently running Slackware 2.0.35 which is working fine. I am
thinking of upgraging to a new release. Can anybody tell me were I can
get the upgrade patch from - and is it particulary difficult. I have
been using Linux for about eight months.

Thanks.
--
Phillip Adams

1. schedule for upgrades and the Summer [was Re: Upgrades to OS]

I suspect many people will no longer be around after mid-May or so.
So I was thinking:  the best possibility would be if 1.0 were magically
available by then.  I don't think that's reasonable.  So perhaps
a ``final beta'' version could be released by then, with enough time to
spot any major gaffs, and then anyone who leaves in May will have a good
copy to use.  Then 1.0 would be put together in the Fall.

I don't know how many people will be away for the Summer, but if it
turns out to be a lot, that would make sense, it seems to me.

Comments?

-Joel

2. promise raid + rh9.0

3. To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question...

4. ********* FREE INTERNET ***********

5. Upgrading Solaris-Need to upgrade Progress?

6. FinePix 2800 Z

7. Solaris 8 upgrade using Live upgrade method

8. Unwanted Apache test page

9. Kernel 2.2, to upgrade or not to upgrade???

10. Upgraded 1.0 - upgrade daemon

11. upgrade to 2.2 required libc5 upgrade?

12. 2.4 - to upgrade or not to upgrade

13. Does RedHat upgrade really upgrade including Caldera